Wednesday 4 January 2012

Counting Sheep


I have got a very terrible case of insomnia. I have lost count of the number of sheep I was counting earlier. They are now dancing and laughing at me. If I only I could catch one to make some nice spicy stew! Tomorrow (or rather later on today) will be my first day back in the New Year and I had planned to be refreshed and anew for my first day back. Alas!

What is really getting on my nerves is that at 10pm I was falling asleep in the living room and as if by magic the desire to sleep evaporated as soon as my head touched the pillow. Now it's 2.45am! Which means I have 4 hours and 15 minutes before it's time to get ready for work. Damn!

I have tried everything I could think of to fall asleep: a hot shower, hot milk, counted sheep backwards, read an MBA book and even started day-dreaming about my future. I checked but couldn't find any Night Nurse. Nada! Nothing worked. Naturally my thoughts turned to food. I could bake some scones or make some lamb stew. Nah, that's time and energy consuming. I think of the fried rice in the fridge I had prepared earlier. No! My plan is to fall asleep not to put on weight! I settled for Kellogg's Crunchie nut and warm milk (again!) instead.


I am going to try one more time and I pray I fall asleep before Fajr (morning prayers).

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. watch tv next time, always work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murray, are you sure? Hopefully this doesn't happen ever again but if it does I shall try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you didnt tell us how to make crunchie nut

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bukky I am sleeping ok now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete